Thursday, December 11, 2008

PROJECT MANCAVE








Welcome to "Project Mancave", my bright idea to decorate hubby's "mancave" for his birthday - Dec. 22nd, how dare him have a birthday right in the middle of the Christmas excitement. Nevertheless, I always try to pull off some unexpected surprise for him so that he knows his day isn't forgotten.


In just 9 short days, this photo will look quite different with full traversing draperies and box pleated valance over-top. It will be quite a project for me; the panels are 12 widths (6 per panel). My bud Kesha helped me cut, seam, serge and hem the face fabric Thanksgiving weekend. Sadly, nothing has been done since. The "reveal" is scheduled for Saturday the 20th, so check back often as I will post photos and progress reports as I move along. My intent is to keep this a secret - which may prove challenging as I've already been questioned as to why I'm relocating some things. Hiding a
20 ft. wide valance could also be a challenge - but I have to finish it before I worry about hiding it.
























No comments: