Friday, December 19, 2008

Project Mancave - Mother Nature almost spoiled the surprise!

Today has been a whirlwind - attended my daughter's Christmas program at school, which was a wonderful way to sit down, calmly and enjoy the real reason for the season. Only a half-day of school today, so she's been my helper this afternoon.

After school we delivered a drapery job to a designer then headed to south Charlotte to pick up the 20 foot long drapery rod. OMG - it was hanging out my front window, threaded between the seats and out the back window of my Expedition - I think I might have been one of those people on the road who is supposed to have a red bandana attached to their dangling cargo ?? Oh well, we were able to keep up with the traffic on the freeway and arrived home without incident. Grace held the rod and was to let me know immediately if it moved forward OR backward while we were driving .

Chaotic is a good word to describe the last few hours - load of firewood shows up in the driveway and hubby calls and can't get out of town. He is going to New Jersey to fly back with his 91 year old aunt (tomorrow) who will be spending Christmas with us. Well...........those of you in the northeast today know why no flights are heading to NY from Charlotte for the remainder of today. Hubby is thinking about bailing and re-scheduling until Monday/Tuesday. Oh no, Mike, you can't do that...Aunt Helen will miss your birthday, she's probably already packed, cancelled mail, blah blah blah. In other words, I need him to get out of here so we can get this project installed tomorrow! Guess what? About a half an hour ago he jumped in his car and he is DRIVING to NJ, spending the night with his aunt and then they are either flying or driving back tomorrow. So, I "think" he is outta here for at least the next 24 hours.

My list is still very long. Yesterday I was able to finish pleating the panels and made 4 of the 7 pillows. (orignally planned for 6, but added an extra) I know, it's late in the game to be adding stuff, but I think I'll be happier in the end. I've cut my wood for the valance, need to build it, make 3 boxed pillows, and put tons of pictures into frames. I plan on staying up as late as I can without ruining my day tomorrow. My installer will be here between 9 and 10 in the morning.

I'll post photos when we're finished.

Oh, the envelope - I did NOT open it, but not because I didn't try ;) The dofix only sealed it tighter instead of releasing the glue. DARN ! I've heard of people steaming open envelopes, yesterday was the first time I tried myself, didn't work for me.

Hope I finish. Oh, did I mention that I need to clean my house somehow during all of this?

No comments: